Friday, August 12, 2011

I Warned You...

     I have previously told you all about the horrific year Teagan has had at school.  I told you about the assault by his bus driver, the kid in his class who punched him in the face four times because he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, about the girl who pinched him because he told her he didn't see her nose bleeding, the teacher who left marks on his arm (later on, I found out there was at least one other child she had done this to and other unspeakable things to the same child - there's a word for her, it starts with a B and ends with an ITCH.).  So, after all of these things, I went to the school and told them this, "Teagan will put up with all of this for only so long.  Once he reaches his breaking point, he will fight back, and there isn't a damn thing I will say about it, because I'm telling you now, if you cannot keep other children's and adult's hands off my son, you will not like the consequences."  And I wasn't only speaking about what I would do if it happens again.
     So, one day, not so long ago, Teagan got into trouble at school for hitting and kicking another child.  Why did he do this?  Because the child was picking on him, like he always does, and Teagan had had enough of his bullshit.  Teagan did get a stern scolding from his father and I, however, I did warn them.  Again, more recently, Teagan hit another child because he had hit Teagan first.  We did the scolding thing, but again, we aren't going to punish him for something I warned the school would happen.  Teagan has every right to defend himself, if the school can't handle their kids.
     What I plan to do, is go to his classroom the next school day, and tell the children exactly what will happen to them the next time they lay a hand on Teagan.  I have already told the school that I will call the police if it keeps happening, and now it's happened twice since then.  Of course, both times Teagan did retaliate, but you know what?  It's self-defense, and even law enforcement will agree with that.  I've had enough doing it their way, their way doesn't work or keep my child safe, so now it's my way.  And if they haven't figured out by now just how much of a bitch I can be when it comes to my child, they will soon learn.

2 comments:

Sondra said...

YES!!! Finally someone besides me gets it. Andrew is the same way. My child does not just wall-off and hit someone for no reason. I scold him but don't punish him if another kid starts it. However, what is worse is when the school  doesn't c what the other kid does and therefore, ur child is the guilty one. Well luckily, we were able to move and in doing so, he is at a better school now-so far with better teachers. He gets to be around other kids like him but in a regular school setting. There is alot of open communication with his school, including the principal.

mzfittoy said...

Unfortunately, Teagan is in a behavior program, and though his worst behavior is not listening or following rules, he is lumped in with other students who are physically violent and emotionally abusive to him.  We have not had good luck with schools in the past, (you can read a little about this in "Hatred of All Things... Educational parts 1-5"), so we had high hopes for this program, only because it is self-contained.  But, it's been a nightmare, and I've had enough of these little brats picking on Teagan.  Teagan is the sweetest child, and like your child, would never just start whooping on another child without provocation.  So, there really isn't anything I can do besides lay it down for these kids, and let Teagan defend himself.  I refuse to , when I know he has a damn good reason for doing what he did.