Monday, May 9, 2011

Too Attached To Thin Air

     Teagan gets very attached to children he meets for the first time.  And usually the case is, it's the only time.  For instance, we went to someone's house the other day to buy a van while my car is having a PMS moment, and they had 5 children.  The oldest was around his age and he really enjoyed playing with him for the 2 hours we were there futzing around.  But when it was time to leave, he was so heartbroken that no amount of consoling could cure him.
     I am trying to rectify this situation from continuing to happen, by trying to find him a special needs play group.  We live in a horrible neighborhood with horrible thieving children next door, that I do not allow Teagan to play with.  Not only because they are little thieves, but also because the oldest girl is mean as hell to him.  She pinches, kicks, and hits him for absolutely no reason.  If this is the "I like you, so I'm going to whoop your ass" type of behavior, I'd just as soon rather he didn't have someone crushing on him to prevent him getting his ass whopped by a girl.  And it sucks, because there are like 5 children over there, and he really wants to play with them, but I just cannot allow it.  They have stolen stuff off our property at least twice now, and we've been forced to call law enforcement about it each time, but that does not deter them from stealing.  Either way, these children are not the type of kids I want Teagan playing with.  He doesn't need to learn anymore bad habits.
     It just breaks my heart when he finds someone he really enjoys playing with, only to have to take him away.  Most parents I have met are not interested in sharing their personal information to set up play dates, which I guess is perfectly understandable, considering the world we live in and all the crazies running around in it.  But it is no less frustrating.

     What do you guys do for your child?

No comments: