Sunday, May 1, 2011

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, But Hectic Lives Make It Dead Tired

   So, I haven’t posted in a few days, and it’s because it has been crazy here, as usual, but just a little crazier this week.  First, my car took a powder, and we’re still trying to fix it, while also looking for another car, in the event we cannot fix it.  The repairs, if we took it to a mechanic would be over $1500, and with no income, and both of us in school… just not going to happen.  So, because my husband had an incident the other day, and is unable to drive, the only way to get Teagan to and from school, to and from all his appointments, me to and from all of my errands and appointments, and my husband to and from school, we have been staying at my mom’s for the last week, which is great and all, but there are underlying issues with that, that I cannot even begin to go into, because it would take forever to explain.  Suffice it to say that it’s like walking on eggshells while we stay here.  Not because of my mom, she’s super awesome and great, as always.
   And it’s the end of the semester for both of us, so finals are looming, as well as last minute assignments, tests, and evaluations.  Blech.  Then there was the incident on Friday, when Teagan was attacked by a fellow student who has been known to attack other students with or without provocation.  This time, Teagan simply said, “I saw you running to the classroom,” and the child proceeded to tell him to “Shut the F&#$ up” and threw his calculator at him.  Luckily Teagan was not harmed, or I would have gone to the school that same day and jerked that kid up by his ear and explained to him the way of the world in a way that he certainly would have understood.  I do not take bullying lightly, especially when my child is the victim.  Not happening.
     Anyway, it’s been a nightmare week, and I wanted everyone to know that I haven’t forgotten about my little blogies, just have been so busy I haven’t had any time to myself, and it might be a few more days before I actually find the time to stop and take a breath.

No comments: