Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hatred of All Things... Educational - Part 5/5

     By mid-January, Teagan was in the classroom... but only for a week.  The next week, he missed the entire week because of the flu, which really sucked, because he was just starting to get used to the new environment.  However, during that first week, Teagan said something we have never heard before, and we thought we had picked up the wrong child from school that day.  I asked him how he liked his new school, and he said, "I like it."  I was like, come again???  I couldn't believe it.  Of course, he still says he hates it, but he already let it slip that he likes it, at least sometimes, so we knew this was a good fit.  I can't say I like his teacher, and I can't stand the assistant teacher, but they seem to be able to do the job.
     However, last week, Teagan showed me a mark on his arm that had scabbed over, and told me the assistant teacher had grabbed him by the arm and made that mark on him.  I had seen her grab him by the arm and drag him all over the place like this, and I wasn't happy about it, but I had kept my mouth shut, until now.  The next day, Teagan told the assistant teacher about it, and she flat out told him he was lying.  Now, let me briefly explain about Teagan and lying.  Teagan cannot do it.  When he tries to lie, he will at first try to do it, but then immediately tell on himself and try to rationalize with you why it was necessary for him to do whatever it was he was trying to lie about.  So, basically, the assistant teacher was full of shit, and trying to cover her own ass.  I e-mailed the teacher (not the assistant), and she called me the next morning to discuss it.  I explained the situation to her, and told her this, "He does have two hands.  Why can she not take him in hand instead of grabbing his arm and gouging her fingernails into his skin?  In the future, to avoid this situation, make her take his hand."  That same day, I asked him how the assistant teacher treated him, and he said she was very nice.  Yeah, very nice because she was afraid of getting her ass handed to her by his bitch mom.  Grrr!!!
     Well, as far as that goes, Teagan seems to be doing well in this program, though he is only in this program until the end of this school year.  Afterwards, they will make a decision where Teagan should be placed.  Teagan still mentally shuts down when he is frustrated, and refuses to do work, but with coaxing or bribes (removal of his therapeutic recreation time/Lion's Den spending taken away) he is able to get enough done that I don't have to come to the school to sit with him.  I can't say what the future holds for him, but I'm sure the battle of the schools is not over.

No comments: